Athletes are the heart and soul of the sport of wrestling. We thrive to provide support to athletes together with Olympic Solidarity, International Olympic Committee, National Wrestling Federations, Continental Councils and National Olympic Committees
Currently two types of programs centred on athlete’s development are available:
1) programs and funding assisting in wrestling high performance/development, and
2) post athletic career transition projects
United World Wrestling helps athletes focus on their current goals and allow them to perform at their maximum potential.
Available United World Wrestling programs for international athletes holding valid licences are:
1) More than Medals cadets training camp
2) United World Wrestling scholarships for elite female wrestlers (2017)
3) Technical Support for Competitions
Contact Regional Development Officer of your continent for details.
Note: all applications submitted must be endorsed by respective national federations
Athletes Career Programs and Projects
1) IOC athlete career programs
2) Athletes transition programs
We recognise that athletes acquire many transferable skills and we help athletes to pursue excellence by helping them plan for their life and career after retirement.